Wednesday, April 23, 2014

HWP: Each Time I...

Happy Easter! And a blessed feast of the martyr St. George as well! as we continue in this month of April, which is dedicated to the Most Blessed Sacrament, we continue with those prayers that honor Our Lord Jesus in that veiled Presence. In the midst of so many beautiful prayers, I came across this 'Prayer to Jesus before the Blessed Sacrament' that really clicked in my heart. If you've read my homilies lately, you likely sense a common thread of stories and journeying, which this prayer hints at in the aspect of continued transformation. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have:

Prayer to Jesus before the Blessed Sacrament 
Jesus, each time I look at the sacred Host,
sancify my eyes,
that they may close more and more
to all that is merely earthly. 
Jesus, each time I look at the sacred Host,
send a ray of divine light into my soul,
that I may better know you and myself. 
Jesus, each time I look at the sacred Host,
send a flame of divine love into my heart
to consume everything in it
that is displeasing to You
and to set it all on fire with Your love. 
Now and in eternity
may my only desire be to contemplate
the infinite beauty of Your divine countenance
which delights the angels.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment