Thursday, October 13, 2011

Retreats and Things

As noted on the previous blog post I was on retreat with my brother priests from our diocese for the past few days. On a funny note, I left the parish and didn't post anything to the blog and my hit count on the blog went up - go figure! On a deeper note, thank you for all the prayers for us as we were on retreat. It was a truly blessed opportunity to take a few days out for some special quiet time with the Lord and with my brother priests. The retreat master, Fr. William Parker C.Ss.R. was a joy to hear and certainly gave us some good food for thought as we return home and into the parish setting once more. It was also a joy to be able to spend time with the men alongside whom I will serve for the rest of my life. Seeing the witness of so many of these men faithfully following the Lord and joyfully living their vocation for 30, 40, or 50+ years and being able to hear some of their stories was a great blessing. I return refreshed and renewed after being immersed in the Lord's grace, but I also return strengthened in the bond of unity that hold our presbyterate and diocese together. As the Psalmist says: How pleasant it is when brothers live in unity!

No comments:

Post a Comment