Friday, May 27, 2011

Face-Melting Quote of the Day

Gospel of John 15:12-17 (from the readings of the day)

Jesus said to his disciples:
“This is my commandment: love one another as I love you. No one has greater love than this, to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. I no longer call you slaves, because a slave does not know what his master is doing. I have called you friends, because I have told you everything I have heard from my Father. It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you. This I command you: love one another.”

Fitting readings as I prepare for ordination to the priesthood tomorrow. Fitting for all us to read as we contemplate the mission that has been given to each of us in our baptism. Have a blessed day! Please pray for me!

2 comments:

  1. "You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit-fruit that will last." John 15:16
    May Our Lord fill you with His great grace, peace, strength and abundant joy!
    May your holy priesthood be truly fruitful in your own life, the lives of all you minister to and in the life of the Church.
    God be praised!
    ..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Father Brent! All of heaven rejoices with you, and with us here in the Diocese of Baton Rouge. Thanks be to God for the gift of your holy priesthood.

    How Jesus loves you for saying "yes," to His invitation! And the Mother of priests will be ever at your side to comfort and protect you.

    Thank you for making a choice which says to the world that God is worth EVERYTHING!

    You are in my prayers always.

    Thank You, Jesus for Father Brent.

    ReplyDelete