Wednesday, February 11, 2015

HWP: Our Lady of Lourdes

Today is the feast of the Blessed Virgin Mary under the title of Our Lady of Lourdes. Her appearances to St. Bernadette led to what has become one of the largest pilgrimage sites in the world, where miracles happen by the hundreds daily. Though I haven't been there I've heard of and experienced personally miracles from the little stream that continues to pour forth healing waters. With that in mind, we invoke Our Lady today to pray for healing for ourselves and those we hold in our hearts. And so we pray...

A Prayer to Our Lady of Lourdes for Healing
O ever immaculate Virgin, Mother of mercy, health of the sick, refuge of sinners, comfort of the afflicted, you know my wants, my troubles, my sufferings; deign to cast upon me a look of mercy. By appearing in the Grotto of Lourdes, you were pleased to make it a privileged sanctuary, whence you dispense your favors, and already many sufferers have obtained the cure of their infirmities, both spiritual and corporal. I come, therefore, with the most unbounded confidence, to implore your maternal intercession. Obtain, O loving Mother, the grant of my requests. I will endeavor to imitate your virtues, that I may one day share your glory, and bless you in eternity. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment