Wednesday, January 21, 2015

HWP: St. Agnes

This week I am in Washington, D.C. for the annual March for Life at our nation's capital. Today being the feast of St. Agnes, I wanted to honor this little lamb of the Lord with a prayer to her. It is a prayer to be preserved from harm in our own trials and strikes me that it is the vigil of the legalization of abortion in our country. Perhaps today we can pray on behalf of those little souls in danger of being aborted? So let us pray...

A Prayer to St. Agnes
O glorious St. Agnes, you served God in humility and confidence on earth and are now in the enjoyment of His beatific Vision in heaven because you persevered till death and gained the crown of eternal life. Remember now the dangers that surround me in the vale of tears, and intercede for me in my needs and troubles.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment