Wednesday, June 11, 2014

HWP: Our Lady of Combermere

Tonight I will be arriving in Combermere, Ontario at the Madonna House Apostolate retreat house for priests. For six days I will be spending a good bit of time in prayer before the image of Our Lady commissioned and sculpted for the community, known as Our Lady of Combermere. A beautiful image of Mary flying to the aid of those in need, it is a remind of how much Mary longs to bring us to the loving Heart of her beloved son. So I figured why not share a little piece of the joy with everyone. Therefore, this week's Half-Way Prayer is...

A Prayer to Our Lady of Combermere
O Mary, you desire so much to see Jesus loved. Since you love me, this is the favour which I ask of you: to obtain for me a great personal love of Jesus Christ. You obtain from your Son whatever you please; pray then for me, that I may never lose the grace of God, that I may increase in holiness and perfection from day to day, and that I may faithfully and nobly fulfil the great calling in life which your Divine Son has given me. By that grief which you suffered on Calvary when you beheld Jesus die on the Cross, obtain for me a happy death, that by loving Jesus and you, my mother, on earth, I may share your joy in loving and blessing the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit forever in Heaven. Amen. 
Our Lady of Combermere, pray for us.

Learn more about the Madonna House Apostolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment