Wednesday, May 29, 2013

HWP: Prayer for Priests

As yesterday was my anniversary of priestly ordination and it is the season (at least here in Louisiana) for ordinations, I thought it appropriate to offer a prayer for priests. From my perspective, it is a true gift to have others pray for me and let me know that they are doing so. I, like everyone else, am a sinner in need of personal conversion. By the prayers of others I am aided in that conversion and better enabled to live my priestly calling to pray for others and sacrifice for them as well. It's all quite cyclical - so let us pray for one another and grow in the grace of Jesus Christ!
 
A Prayer for Priests
 
O Jesus, Eternal Priest,
keep Thy priests within the shelter of Thy Sacred Heart,
where none may touch them.
Keep unstained their anointed hands,
which daily touch Thy Sacred Body.
Keep unsullied their lips,
daily purpled with Thy Precious Blood.
Keep pure and unworldly their hearts,
sealed with the sublime mark of the priesthood.
Let Thy Holy Love surround them from the world's contagion.
Bless their labors with abundant fruit,
and may the souls to whom they minister
be their joy and consolation here
and their everlasting crown hereafter.
Mary, Queen of the Clergy, pray for us:
obtain for us numerous and holy priests.
Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I pray that prayer every night for Priests, Father Brent. And, indeed, I do pray for you all every single day. I love you all so much. I can't say it enough. Priests are everything to me, truly. What can be greater than you leading us to Heaven, challenging us to holiness (even when it's tough) and us praying for you to save your own soul in the process? Happy 2nd Anniversary, Father Brent, my dear Priest-friend! :) Thank you for answering the call. We are eternally gratefull, believe me. :) ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and blessings Fr Brent! I have been praying for you and your family since working for y'all since 2001. You are an amazing man filled with intense love and understanding! The world is blessed to have you as a servant to guide us and pray for us. I KNOW our paths were meant to cross and will be forever grateful for getting to know you. I know you're still praying for me- miracles are increasing and blessings are all around. God is so good to us all, and I can see him working in all of our lives. Please send my love and hugs to your family and always know that I'll be praying for God to shower you with his blessings, love, and favor. May he always protect you and bless the work of your hands. I'll be following this site from now on. :)
    I hope to one day share with you the miracles that I have been blessed to witness (as well as our family). God is most awesome! :)
    Blessings and love always Becky S.

    ReplyDelete