Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Guardian Angel Prayer

Guardian Angel by Pietro da Cortona
In honor of the Feast of the Guardian Angels, which we celebrate today, here is a beautiful prayer to our guardian angel composed by Fr. John Hardon, S.J.:
My guardian angel, you always behold the Holy Trinity. You are deeply loved by the divine Majesty. You know how desperately I need the grace of God to know what He wants me to do and the strength I need to surrender my stubborn will to His divine will. How I need your powerful intercession with Almighty God. I trust you will hear my prayer and I am confident that with your help I will live my life as a sacrifice of myself to God and thus merit to join you in that celestial glory where you are waiting for me.

In particular, dear angel of God, I ask for the grace to repent of my sin this day and every day. You love God so deeply becuase you understand His love so completely. Ask Our Lord to give me, a repentant sinner, something of your great love for Him, so that I may one day join you in heavenly glory. Our Lord promised that there will be great joy among the angels of God over one sinner who repents. May I give you and your fellow angels something of this joy because of my own generous repentance for my sins. Amen.
 
Read more of Fr. Hardon's writings about the angels HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment